By Skyler Watrous, Spirit of Texas Festival Publicity Committee
Howdy! College students from across Texas are invited to the Spirit of Texas Festival, set for March 23 – 25 in College Station’s Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater. Come experience the spirit, charm, and southern specialties of Texas in a whole new way. Even better – there’s no admission cost!
Take a break from studying by…
- Helping bring home the Guinness World Record for World’s Largest Ice Cream Sundae – proving everything is truly bigger in Texas.
- Jamming to live performances by top musical groups of all genres – including rising country star Stephanie Quayle and Tejano band Las Fenix — while enjoying Texas favorites, such as ‘ritas, fajitas, brews, spirits, and more.
- Curbing your cravings at the Curbside Smack Down, featuring 50 Texas-based food trucks vying for $11,000 in prize money.
- Living out your barbeque dreams at the BBQ Cook-off.
- Shopping among over 100 Texas-based vendors in the Trading Village.
The festival is dedicated to supporting local vendors and businesses that make Texas great. The event’s proceeds also will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of the Brazos Valley, Von’s Vision, K9’s 4 Kids, and Mobility Worldwide.
Come be a part of history and celebrate the spirit of Texas with us! Like us on Facebook to learn more!