By Skyler Watrous,
Spirit of Texas Festival Publicity Committee
I scream, you scream! Ice cream lovers of all ages can live out their dessert dreams by helping us attempt to build and eat the world’s longest ice cream sundae – proving that everything really is bigger in Texas! The current record, set in 2016, stands at 3,627 ft. 8.8 inches, according to Guinness World Record. The record-setting attempt will be held on Saturday, March 24 as part of the 2nd Annual Spirit of Texas Festival, sponsored by H-E-B’s Creamy Creations. The event will be held at Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater in College Station.
Bringing home the Guinness World Record to Texas will take…
- 500 gallons of HEB Creamy Creations ice cream
- 300 gallons of chocolate sauce
- 2,000 cans of whipped cream
- 25 pounds of sprinkles
- 20,000 cherries
…and YOU! Festivalgoers will have the chance to help construct and consume this “Creamy Creation.” Teams building the sundae will come from around the Brazos Valley and surrounding regions, uniting the communities of Texas in one history-making, ice-cream-loving, fun-for-the-whole-family event!
And after consuming that delicious sundae, participants will have the opportunity to celebrate everything the Lone Star State has to offer all in one – shopping, amazing food, and a wide range of music and performance. The festival also l includes:
- Live Music – Headliners include iHeart Radio Country Sensation Stephanie Quayle and award-winning Tejano band Las Fenix, as well as other acts of all genres.
- Idea Village – Educational pods offering a variety of unique, hands-on learning activities created in partnership with Texas A&M, Allen Academy, and local organizations.
- Trading Market – Featuring more than 200 vendors offering all things Texas.
- BBQ Cook-Off – Sanctioned by the International Barbecue Cookers Association, the BBQ Cook-Off hosts teams from across Texas battling for the cash and prizes of $10,000.
- Curbside Smackdown – Food trucks hailing from around the state will offer mouth-watering dishes while competing for $11,000 in prize money.
- Pony Hop Rodeo – This event gives participants the opportunity to hop their way to glory in an inflatable rodeo.
The festival is dedicated to supporting local vendors and businesses that make Texas great. Proceeds will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of the Brazos Valley, Von’s Vision, K9s4Kids, and Mobility Worldwide.
Come be a part of history and celebrate the spirit of Texas with us! Like us on Facebook to learn more!