By Skyler Watrous, Spirit of Texas Festival Publicity Committee
Howdy! Come experience the spirit, charm and southern specialties of Texas in a whole new way at the second annual Spirit of Texas Festival March 23-25! The free family-friendly event will be held at College Station’s Wolf Pen Creek Park.
Participants will have a wide range of opportunities, including:
- Helping bring home the Guinness World Record for World’s Longest Ice Cream Sundae – proving everything is truly bigger in Texas.
- Curbing your cravings at the Curbside Smack Down, featuring 50 Texas-based food trucks vying for $11,000 in prize money.
- Shopping among over 100 Texas-based vendors in the Trading Village.
- Jamming to live performances by musical groups of all genres. The festival’s featured performers include rising country star Stephanie Quayle and Tejano band Las Fenix.
- Living out your barbeque dreams at the BBQ Cook-off.
- Enjoying the finer things, complete with Texas favorites, such as ‘ritas, fajitas, brews, spirits, and more.
- Watching your kids have fun learning in the Idea Village and playing in the Pony Hop Rodeo.
The festival is dedicated to supporting local vendors and businesses that make Texas great. The event’s proceeds will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of the Brazos Valley, Von’s Vision, K9’s 4 Kids, and Mobility Worldwide.
Come be a part of history and celebrate the spirit of Texas with us! Like us on Facebook to learn more!